Are You Classifying Your Employees Properly?
Did you know that DOL Wage & Hour Division Claims of wrongful termination have skyrocketed. In 2012, the Wage and Hour Division handled over 40,000 claims and recovered a record 280 million in back pay for employees. Many of these cases involved employees who were improperly classified as exempt from overtime. It may be time for your company to take a look at "exempt" versus "non-exempt" status. HR pros, LLC can help you with this task and give you peace of mind that you won’t be liable for damages . Contact us for a free quote.
Spring Special: HR Audit
Let’s face it – Government Compliance is complex and complicated. Laws are constantly changing in the federal, state and local governments. Perhaps it is time for an HR Audit of your human resources systems. During the months of April and May we are offereing a special on audits. Here is what our audit will include:
• Review of employee handbook and other formal personnel policies
• Review (spot check) of 10 employee files and 10 terminated files
• Review of payroll procedures and records
• Review of employee classification
• Review of workers compensation documents
• Review of unemployment claims
• Review of HR required posters
• Review of benefits records and documents
• Review of FMLA, medical leave, and retirement documents
• Review of performance appraisal/promotions/demotions
• Review of all hiring practices
• Review of termination practices
• Review of grievance procedure
• Review of safety program
The cost of the audit will be based on the size of the company. All of the items listed above can be modified to fit your needs. We are discounting our costs by 20% during April and May. Contact us for a free cost estimate.
HR Pros, LLC's Employee of the Month
HR Pros, LLC Employee of the Month - Erin Sutton
Erin is HR Pros, LLC’s Marketing and Operations Manager. She has been with HR pros, LLC for just over a year and has had some great successes including development and maintenance of the HR Pros, LLC website: www.hrprosllc.net; our LinkedIn pages; Facebook page; and anything that has to do with Marketing and Communications. She also designed and developed HR Prose (this very publication). Erin will be learning other facets of the business to include recruiting over the next few months. Please join me in congratulating Erin on a job well done.
Currently Featured Candidates & Jobs